Causalis Limited - Making Systems Safer
Since 1998 we have offered extensive services in the fields of safety and dependability of technical and sociotechnical systems. We support enterprises with tools and methods for the development and analysis of safety critical systems.
Causalis has developed two methods in-house for the analysis of safety-critical systems:
- Why-Because Analysis for the causal analysis of significant failures and accidents, and
- Ontological Hazard Analysis for the safety analysis during the forward development of critical systems from requirements to software.
We also apply industry-standard methods such as Fault Tree Analysis, Event Tree Analysis, and Hazard Analysis (FMEA, HAZOP, CCA).
We offer software toolsets to support Why-Because Analysis, Causal Control Flow Diagrams, Accimaps, and other analytical methods:
- VWBT, a collection of utilities combined on a virtual machine,
- YBT2, a stand-alone solution, integrating all elements of the analysis from information collection to report generation,
- CE4WBA for unification of the language used in incident analyses, and
- IQualizeIT for the comparison and unification of analyses.